West Pennine Villages u3a

Website Menu

Committee Meeting 2nd November 2023

Welcome and apologies

Attendees: 8

Apologies: 3

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Matters Arising

  1. Draft format for role descriptions – this is being developed.

The intention is that the members present their cards themselves

It will probably be first used in early December at the Christmas quiz.

The Treasurer and the Membership Secretary will provide a ‘help-desk’ service.

Thanks were offered to the Web Editor for all his work in establishing these systems.

MAIN BUSINESS

  1. Finance- [ documents circulated] These were approved with no further comments.  The situation now is that role handover would be very easy. Thanks were offered to the treasurer for his work.

Finance- Approved.

 Trustee Code of Conduct- Approved with the proviso that the current declaration at the end be removed.

Complaints- Approved

Data Protection-  This has been rewritten  for clarification and circulated. It was clarified that records are kept for legal reasons for at least 7 years.

-Approved

The issue of making membership renewal easier [ie. Providing passwords] was discussed. The only real solution is to guide people through the process using   ‘ Help’ sessions in the Summer.

Issues connected to the migration to Workspace were clarified. Data will be kept centrally which is more secure.

Agreed that migration should be mandatory for the committee, but more flexibility be allowed elsewhere.

Proposed to have a shared space for data storage. This will facilitate role handover when it occurs. It was suggested that the committee begin to familiarise itself with the system.

It was noted that care needs to be taken with the use of WhatsApp- not wpvu3a accounts and this needs to be clear.

Some further policies [ Accessibility,  Safeguarding,]  may need to have minor changes made including updating accessibility for all venues used. In Safeguarding -change of case where wpvu3a is mentioned, where will information be “recorded and stored securely”? Suggested that information obtained be stored  in Googledrive with restricted access.

Members Code of Conduct- the text is common to that found on the printed form.

These are approved subject to these minor adjustments.

It was suggested all policies should include a review box in order to standardise the format. The Treasurer undertook to do this.

After approval, all trustees and members should be reminded that these policies exist and are easily accessed.

Resolved to make changes to wording to make this clear.

Any such changes will be presented to the committee for approval.

It was thought that occasional use of the Brinscall venue was a good idea, although the cost and relative lack of space was mentioned.

Allotment group and Cycling group are suspended until Spring.

An initial STEM meeting is on 15th November to discuss the future direction of the group.

The Sunday or Saturday Stroll Group will commence on 18th November, so far generating good interest.

Book-share and gardening  have new convenors.

The Power of the Mind session held at Hillside attracted 20 attendees.

Walking group is experiencing a drop in numbers which can increase the organisation pressure for a small number of members. A monthly walk is being considered.

The Pickleball group are discussing how to finance consumables from within the group.

A list of venues has been produced for clarity.

Thanks were offered to the Group Convenor for this work.

AOB

Date of next meeting :  10th Jan 24


Leave a message
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.