10am Wednesday 19th April 2023
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: AF GT NT PB MB LW SP JW KA
APOLOGIES: CB, GG, A. Isherwood, M. Taylor-Edwards,R and J Boon, E. Ryding
The chair welcomed those present and offered some thoughts on the history and development of this u3a.
Attendance was good and the meeting declared quorate.
- The minutes of the previous AGM [February 2022] were approved by those present. These had been located on the website for members to access.
- Trustee reports( Chair and Treasurer) [previously circulated]. – These were approved.
- Trustee Accounts[previously circulated]- It was clarified that the annual surplus, not including grants received, provides a useful buffer to expenditure generated. Questions were invited – none were received. The accounts were approved.
- Election of Officers:-
All the following officers were approved having previously been proposed and seconded [ the vice-chair took control of the meeting for the first appointment]
- Chair- Ann Furlong
- Vice Chair-Geoff Tittensor
- Treasurer- Paul Brooking
- Secretary-Norma Tittensor
Election of 7 ordinary committee Members: The following committee members were approved having previously been proposed and seconded.:-
- Maria Brooking
- Lynn Worden
- Steven Perry
- Clive Bass
- Graham Green
- Kay Aldred
- Jane Watson
Closing comments from the Chair: Thanks were offered to the committee for services rendered. There was a reminder to those present that the bulk of this committee are requires to stand down after this term of office in current roles , so other offers of service would be welcome. No other business having been submitted, the meeting was closed