1. DOCUMENT PURPOSE
To outline the role and responsibilities of Partnership Development.
2. ROLE SUMMARY
The WPVU3A Partnership Development role is about linking up with local community groups, educational organisations plus other U3As. This is to enhance our offer to members and offer WPVU3A expertise to help others where we have common goals. Benefits of this are;
- become a more integrated part of our community
- participate in mutually beneficial learning
- link up with a wider selection of local activities and venues
- promote membership across the whole community
3. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note, the specific tasks listed below are in addition to the statutory requirements and responsibilities of trustees of charitable organisations in the UK as laid down by the relevant regulatory bodies.
- To link up with local educational establishments to enhance our learning opportunities. We are currently linking up with University of Central Lancashire, Edge Hill and Manchester to enhance learning opportunities in a relaxed and fun way
- Linking up with other U3As in the NW England to share experience and activities plus provide mutual support.
- Linking up with local community groups such as Hillside Brinscall to share a venue, offer U3A activities and work together to provider a wider community offer.
4. ON COMPLETION
- To carry out a comprehensive handover to the new Partnership Development.