Throughout the world people have made basketry structures from plants growing in their vicinity. This group aims to explore flexible plant materials, gleaned from our gardens and hedgerows, to make something useful and/or decorative.
This is a seasonal activity as both the gathering and weaving hedgerow materials is best done when the leaves have fallen and the sap is down, and the material still flexible. Anyone in the group is welcome to initiate a series of sessions whenever interesting materials become available.
This has grown into quite a large group (approx.18) so, more than ever, we need to lean on the U3A ethos of sharing: space, resources knowledge and skills!
We have a Whats App group for sharing up-to-date information.
Wreath Making and Festive Spirit
Wednesday 13th Dec 2023 (please contact for details of venue)
- Drop in anytime 10 – 2.30, stay as long or little as you like
- We will be working in the studio which has a log burner but is still quite cold
- Bring materials if you have them, Olivia will have gathered some
- Make wreaths using natural materials (- and anything else you want!)
- Look at growing willow that will be available to harvest and use in new year (wellies needed for a close up look) and a chance to talk about what we might like to do during February/March sessions in the new year