The thinking behind this group is for people to come together once a month and bring a book to share with other members. It maybe a book you have enjoyed or not but whichever it gives others a choice to borrow it. Book share differs from the traditional Book Club format in many ways:
- First things first….it’s relaxed, informal, and hopefully enjoyable.
- It gives you the opportunity to expand your reading and to read what you want.
- You may choose to share a book you have read recently or many years ago. It can be a classic, Sci Fi. Fiction or non fiction.
- There is no pressure to complete a specified book in a given timeframe.
- It provides opportunity to read books you had not previously considered.
- It’s a good way of picking up ideas for holiday reading.
- There are no costs involved.
- It’s a good way to recycle books if people want to pass them on.
- It’s a good way to share something you have enjoyed but essentially want to keep your book which is returned to you.
- E book ideas also can be shared.
- Any surplus books can be donated to Charity.
Group members will agree between themselves how books are to be exchanged safely.